- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 1â„2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 baby eggplants, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grape seed oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1â„4 cups tomato juice
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375Â°F (190Â°C)
- Put the quinoa in a sieve and rinse thoroughly under cold running water
- Place in a saucepan with the thyme sprigs and broth, and bring to a boil
- Cover and simmer gently until all the broth has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a ridged grill pan
- Brush the eggplant, red pepper and onion with the grape seed oil, then cook them on the grill pan until softened and lightly charred, about 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Put the whole tomatoes on the grill pan and cook until they are just beginning to burst their skins, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- When the quinoa is cooked, place it in an ovenproof dish
- Add the grilled vegetables, garlic and tomato juice, and season lightly with salt and pepper
- Mix together gently.
- Cover with foil and bake until the vegetables are tender, about 35 minutes. Serve hot.
Prep time and Cook Time: 60 min
At Yost Wellness Center, we are leading a Wellness Revolution that advances a new model of health care by pioneering cutting edge treatments while utilizing Functional Medicine.