For all those chocolate smoothie lovers! You are going to love this recipe. It is easy to prepare and contains all of your favorite superfoods. Chocolate, walnuts, chia seeds and whey protein.you cant ask for a better tasting smoothie to satisfy your hunger and fuel your body with healthy fats, anti-oxidants, fiber, lignans, protein and very little carbs!
- 1/4 cup of raw walnuts (you may sub with raw pecans, cashews or almonds)
- 6 pieces of Endangered Species Dark Chocolate
- 2 scoops of Whey Cool Protein Powder by Designs for Health
- 2 teaspoons of Chia seeds (you may sub with ground flax seeds)
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Add all ingredients, except protein, into your Blentec blender (you will need a powerful blender to chop up the nuts and chocolate)
- Once the ingredients are well mixed, add the protein in last and pulse the blender to mix the protein in
- Serve and Enjoy
Prep Time: 5 mins or less
*** Note: overblending the protein at high speeds with cause a lot of foaming in the shake and disrupt the delicate structure of the protein
At Yost Wellness Center, we are leading a Wellness Revolution that advances a new model of health care by pioneering cutting edge treatments while utilizing Functional Medicine.